Client: University of Birmingham
Stakeholder: University Estates Department
Contract Value: £680,000
Project Duration: 18 weeks
Demolition and strip out of chemistry laboratories. A three-storey concrete framed building with steel roof trusses, proprietary beam, precast concrete floor construction with slab and foundation removal and earthwork remodelling.
Project Constraints & Challenges:
- Logistics of a live student campus
- Environmental controls around immediately adjacent to live residences, teaching and research buildings
- Live HV, data and utility services within the building and site boundaries
- Project was completed on an extremely tight programme
- Minimal disruption to students and university activities in a busy live environment. Accolades received from the estates Department Manager.
- Employing and managing M&E contractors for service disconnections and diversions